Sunday 1 June 2014

The Excellent Exam Guide

Its exam season! Yay! Endless weeks of being tested on things you've learnt in the past year (or two years if you've suffered Gove's reforms)!
As you may well know, I am about to complete my A2s (second year of a-levels), so these will be my last exams taken in school. That would be exciting if these exams weren't so important that if I fail them I have to recalculate my life plan.
Anyway, everybody is stressed and exhausted and nervous about exams so I thought I'd share some tips on how to make exams more fun. (These are all things which I have done during exams.)

  • Write in blue ink- The possibility of being disqualified really increases the fun suspense until results day.
  • Write incredibly quickly- Instead of sticking to the time limits which you set yourself to complete that essay, finish it in 20 minutes. Then take an obnoxious break, stretch your arms and cough loudly to let everyone know you're way ahead of schedule.
  • Don't bring a calculator to a calculator maths exam- You're clever enough to do it all in your head.
  • Make a tower of of stationary- Be creative. The invigilators are so bored and I'm sure they'll really appreciate the wobbling tower of the contents of your pencil case. Especially when it all falls on the floor.
  • Sit in the wrong seat- A quick and easy way to confuse both yourself and everyone else in the room about why you've sat in a seat without an exam paper. When you have to not-so-subtly slide into the seat in front of you, the embarrassment will cause an adrenaline rush and you'll do better!
  • Drink a ridiculous amount of water until you start choking- Once you've completed your exam paper, challenge yourself to drink the rest of your water. When you begin to choke and an invigilator has to come and ask if you're okay, you've won!
Hope your exams go okay; good luck and stay calm.
Thanks for reading,
Kitty x

No comments:

Post a Comment